I am sure that everyone knows about Hotmail as the email service is a very famous one along with the other email service Outlook provided by the parent company Microsoft. While the official email account of Microsoft is Outlook, people still have access to their old Hotmail accounts. Microsoft no longer supports Hotmail but if you wish to recover your old hotmail email account and gain its access then you must read this guide. Here, we are going to discuss some simple methods that you can use if you want to recover your old Hotmail account.
You do not need to worry too much as the process is not very complicated. You can recover your Hotmail account and use it with some very simple steps that we are going to explain here in detail. So, buckle up and read the guide carefully to know how to recover hacked hotmail account.
Ways to recover an old Hotmail account
There is not just one single method that you can use to get your old hotmail account back. And this is why you can be assured that if one method does not work for you then, you can use the other methods to get access to your old Hotmail account back. Read all the methods that we are going to tell you here and then use them to get your account back.
Process 1: Use the Recovery Form of Microsoft
This is the simplest way that you can apply to get your Hotmail account back. You can use the account recovery form given by Microsoft for the same but, remember that you can only use this method if you have used the two-step verification process. If you are not using this verification method then, this method will not be helpful for you. Now, adhere to the steps that we are giving here to do the same.
- Open the link account.live.com/acsr on your device.
- There, you have to type the email address of the Hotmail account that you want to get back.
- Now, you have to type an email address that is working as Microsoft will contact you.
- The next step is to verify the email address and type the security code and follow all the steps that are given on the screen to get your account back.
- You do not need to panic too much as Microsoft will get back to you within 24 hours.
Process 2: Recover account without mobile number or recovery email
Now, if you do not have the mobile number or the recovery email associated with your Hotmail account then, also you do not have to worry as there is a method that you can use to get your account back. You can follow the steps that we are going to give here to recover old hotmail account without a mobile number or recovery email.
- Open the email recovery page of Microsoft and then enter the email address of your Hotmail account.
- You need to tick the box that says ‘I don’t have any of these tests’.
- Microsoft will then ask you to give another email address for recovery so that they can send the code.
- You also need to complete the CAPTCHA process so that you can confirm your identity as a human.
- Then, you will see a form on your screen where you have to fill in the details asked. This information is required so that Microsoft can confirm that it is you who is accessing the account and not someone fake.
- We also recommend that you use the same device on which you have created the Hotmail account.
- Once Hotmail confirms your identity then, you will get a new option with which you can reset the password of your account.
But, if Hotmail is not able to confirm the identity then, you will not be able to recover your Hotmail account using this process.
Process 3: Generate a new account by using an old hotmail ID
There is another brilliant method that you can use to get your old hotmail ID back. This method is also very effective for many users. You can use your old Hotmail ID to create a new Outlook account. With this, you can only get your old Hotmail ID but not the same email address. Follow the steps that are given here to make a new Outlook account with the same Hotmail ID.
- Go to any web browser on your mobile phone and then open an Incognito mode.
- Now, you have to open the outlook website using the link http://outlook.live.com/owa/.
- You have to click on the ‘Create a free account’ tab and then follow all the instructions that are given on the screen to make a new account.
This is how you can create a new account with the same Hotmail ID. Make sure that you adhere to the instructions carefully that are given on the screen.
Process 4: Connect Old Hotmail account to New Email client
There is also a different method that you can use to connect your Old Hotmail account to a new email client to see if you can avail the Mailbox of your old Hotmail account. We recommend that you use a non-Microsoft mail service.
- Open the Outlook settings and then go to the option of ‘Sync email’.
- Choose the option of ‘Other email accounts’ and type the email address and the password of your Hotmail account.
- This will connect the outlook account to your Hotmail account.
- But, if you are using Gmail or some other email client then, you have to go to the Settings option and choose the import account tab.
- There, you can add the Hotmail account to see the inbox of your email account.